What our customers ask us

Do I get a courtesy car if I have an accident?

To have access to a courtesy car, you must make a claim through your own policy and have comprehensive cover. You would then receive a courtesy car providing you use the insurers’ approved repairer, subject to availability and only for the duration of the repairs. If your vehicle were written off a courtesy car would not be provided in the above circumstances.

If you have an accident that is not your fault you could be provided with a hire car by your legal cover, irrespective of the cover on your policy.

Do I have to use my insurer’s body shop for repairs?

No, you may provide an estimate from a garage of your own choice for approval by your insurer. You do, however, forfeit the benefit of a courtesy car should the approved repairer not be used.

How do I make a claim?

Should you need to report a new claim please contact our claims hotline on 01344 286181. The line is open 24/7, 365 days a year.

How much cover is provided under your legal expenses policy?

In respect of each qualifying accident up to £100,000.

I’ve just been in an accident. How will the insurer arrange the payment for repairs to my car?

Your Insurer will arrange payment direct with an approved repairer or garage of your own choice. Costs are agreed before work is authorised and you would be expected to pay your policy excess directly to the garage once repairs are complete.

If I claim for a windscreen will this affect my no claims bonus?

No, windscreen claims will not affect your no claims bonus. However not all policies cover you for windscreen repair. You can check whether you are covered by referring to your policy booklet and schedule of insurance.

If I have an accident and I do not wish to make a claim, do I still have to notify my insurer?

Yes, it is always advisable to tell your insurer of any incident the insured vehicle is involved in, so that your file is always fully updated, even if no claim is to be made. If in doubt – report it.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount payable by you in the event of a claim against your policy for your own damage/loss. Details of specific excesses relating to your policy can be found on your policy schedule.

What should I do if I’ve just had a car accident?

Exchange full details with any other party involved, ensuring you note their registration number, then contact us immediately on 01344 286181.