It is important that you report all incidents involving your vehicle to us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to make a claim or you consider you were not at fault for the incident.

To help protect your position it is important that you cooperate fully with your insurer. Failing to cooperate or failing to report an incident may result in your insurer being unable to provide you with indemnity under your policy which may result in you becoming personally responsible for meeting any claims arising from an incident.

If you are contacted by any third party or their representative you should not admit liability and you should refer them to your insurer. If you receive any third party correspondence, you should pass this to your insurer unanswered.
When you contact us we will ask you for:

  • Your policy number and your personal and contact details
  • Details of your vehicle
  • The date, time, location, and circumstances of the incident
  • Details of any other persons involved
  • Details of any damage to your vehicle, any other vehicle or property
  • Details of any injuries sustained by any persons involved
  • Details of any witnesses to the incident
  • Copies of any photographs or Dash Cam footage of the incident
  • Whether the police were involved and, if so, their details (including any crime reference number)

If you cannot supply all this information straight away, you should still report the incident to us as soon as possible.

If you were not at fault, we may be able to assist you in progressing your claim and recovering any uninsured losses from the responsible third party (for example, your policy excess or injuries to you and any of your passengers).

To talk to us about an incident or to make a claim give us a call on 0330 912 2658.

Are you a Third Party?
If you are a third party or third party representative enquiring about an incident which you believe involves one of our motor insurance customers you may use the same telephone numbers as above. Alternatively, you may email us at

Making a claim on another type of insurance policy
If you need to report an incident or make a claim under any other type of insurance policy (for example, Home, Pet or Vehicle Assistance) please contact your insurer as soon as possible on the contact number shown in your policy document.